محسن وزیری مقدم/Mohsen Vaziri Moghaddam/محسن وزیری مقدم/سیلک اسکرین/silkscreeen/soheil hosseini/استودیو تهران/Tehran Studio/tehran gallery/نقاشی/هنر

Artist: Mohsen Vaziri Moghaddam


Title: Untitled


Code: MOVA002rb


Medium: Silkscreen


Edition: 25


Size: 1420 x 600 mm
( 55,9 x 23,6 inch.)


Estimated Price:
Price on request


محسن وزیری مقدم/Mohsen Vaziri Moghaddam/محسن وزیری مقدم/سیلک اسکرین/silkscreeen/soheil hosseini/استودیو تهران/Tehran Studio/tehran gallery/نقاشی/هنر

Mohsen Vaziri Moghaddam was born in Tehran on 27th July 1924. In 1943 having first studied for the diploma of the Agricultural Institute, he enrolled in the Faculty of Fine Arts, Tehran, attending for three years. At the same time he worked as an illustrator of books of folk tales. In 1952 he held his first solo exhibition at the Iran-America Society of Tehran. In the mid 1950’s he moved to Rome and graduated from the Accademia di Belle Arti in 1958. In April 1956 Vasiri opened his first Italian exhibition, showing his figurative paintings at the Galleria d’arte Portonovo in Rome. In his chosen field, whether directed to painting or sculpture, a constant and essential theme is that of space, which has brought him results much appreciated by critics (Argan, Moravia, Bevilacqua, Menna, Pensabene) and recognition by the City of Rome (1958) and from Prime Minister Segni (Concorso Internazionale di Arte, Ravenna 1959) and the Senate Gold Medal (Sassoferrato 1962). His works have been shown in numerous solo exhibitions in Italy (Rome, Milan, Florence), Germany (Dusseldorf, Munich), and Iran, at the Venice Biennial (1956, 1958, 1960, 1962), at the Tehran Biennial (1960, 1962 ), at the Rome Quadriennale (1960), at the Sao Paulo Biennial in Brazil (1962), at the Museum of Modern Art, New York (1964) and at the Shiraz Art Festival, Iran (1969). He lived and worked in Rome until 1964 when at height of his artistic career, coinciding with the aquisition of one of his paintings by the Museum of Modern Art, New York, he returned to Iran where he taught both at the Faculty of Decorative Arts and the Faculty of Fine Arts until 1979.